[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Author: lgawron
Date: Sun May  8 14:23:28 2005
New Revision: 169169

Log:
JXTG uses cocoon store

Modified:
cocoon/blocks/unsupported/template/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/template/jxtg/JXTemplateGenerator.java

could this be the reason for the following exception?

java.lang.ClassCastException
at org.apache.cocoon.components.store.impl.EHDefaultStore.store(EHDefaultStore.java:268)

at org.apache.cocoon.template.jxtg.script.DefaultScriptManager.resolveTemplate(DefaultScriptManager.java:110)

at org.apache.cocoon.template.jxtg.script.DefaultScriptManager.resolveTemplate(DefaultScriptManager.java:61)

at org.apache.cocoon.template.jxtg.JXTemplateGenerator.setup(JXTemplateGenerator.java:102)

Yes. I did not get it on my test case as I was using other store implementation. I think I have to switch to transient store because at least for now jxtg template is not serializable.

Is there a reason not to use transient store for jxtg?

none .. but I thought it is better to use a "store" instead of explicit "transient store". What I did not know was that when using Store one had to put only serializable objects in it.

The transient store is meant as a cache for objects that aren't serializable, whereas the regular store has a memory front-end and some persistent filesystem swap, and therefore can only accept serializable objects.

Sylvain

got that now. I had a crazy idea that regular store can store all objects and is able to overflow to disk for those objects which support it - serializable.

--
Leszek Gawron                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]