Jorg Heymans wrote:
Hi Mark,

Mark Leicester wrote:

I've been thinking about incentives for community members. The main
community incentive - beyond sharing the fruits of our labour - is
committership. That goal is a long way off for a newbie. I have
wondering about the possibility of setting other targets in between -
particularly in relation to documentation.

I'm interested in hearing why you think that committership is *the*
incentive for people to contribute?

I find it plain wrong to dangle a committer-carrot in front of people to
get them contributing. It attracts the wrong type of people and will
hurt the community in the long term.

Amen.

--
Stefano.