BURGHARD Éric wrote:

Again, there is no conceptual difference between generator, transformer,
serializer, apart the type of their position in the pipeline and so the
type of their io. They ALL do transformations otherwise they would be very
unusefull.
Yep. They share a lot in common. The diference between the is exactly as you pointed above:

1-The position into a pipeline
2-The I/O between them.

It is not, but if you break your stylesheet into multiple steps
(transformer(s) + standard serializer), you can put them together into a
virtual serializer.

Again, i don't have to break it, it's much more
understandable/readable/efficient in one part, and standard serializers are
bugged.
2 points:

1-Nobody is telling you cannot use your own serializers.
2- I agree the current standard serializer has bugs. I tried to fix them. I met problems into xalan internals and .... well, it is a very long story. Few weeks ago, I spent most part of 15 nights trying to fix that (weekend included). I went into xalan internals. Can you help us to fix them.? Your help will be very welcomed!

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo