Berin Loritsch wrote:

Considering we have a very international user base, and the fact that
more and more projects have to deal with international or special
character, why not make the demo international friendly.

In order to set encoding standards for your mime-type you have to
include the character-encoding after the mime-type.  Ex:

text/html;encoding=utf-8

Without the encoding clue, most browsers assume whatever is the default
for that browser.  In the U.S. it is typically iso-8859-latin.  This bit
us yesterday as we had to make that change to support special characters
again--this time with Cocoon.
+1 for cocoon 2.2. In order to keep backward compatibility.

BTW, Spanish and Portuguese characters(for example ç,à,á,ñ ) aren't supported
by utf-8.

It was just the mail I replied had some encoding problems. See below:

--17432832-1323476517-1123692175=:11582

Hi. Just couldn't agree with your suggestion as Spanish and Portuguese characters(for example ç,à,á,ñ ) aren't supported by utf-8. But this is just my opinion...

CarlosN.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.