On Saturday 10 September 2005 23:33, Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Stefan Podkowinski wrote:
> > The project will be hosted on sourceforge so I can't really setup my
> > own repository for this. Another option would be to ship dependencies
> > not available on public repos with my distribution. But I want do
> > avoid this if possible to keep download size for updates as small as
> > possible.
>
> Actually, i think we have created a small m2 cocoon repository somewhere
> on the Apache servers. I can't remember exactly where and how, but
> possibly we could provide an m1 style repository as well.

There is a general "avoid snapshots" policy for ASF repositories, as they will
not be guaranteed to be there 'forever' which may cause trouble to users, and
a "no snapshot" policy for the repository that gets replicated to
ibiblio.org.

If special builds, snapshots and what not can't be avoided, the best practice
is probably to ship those explicitly.

Cheers
Niclas