Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
Interesting question. If we ship with dev mode on, many people will deploy in dev mode. On the other hand, if we ship in production mode, many people won't see the features of dev mode.

Exactly :(

A solution is to ship in dev mode, but ensure that people know they're in dev mode. With a big splash, either in the console, in a transient Swing window (appear for 5 seconds and disappear) or why not as the first page displayed in the browser.

+1

Now, for the modes, if we solve everything with properties, we can
provide one directory for each mode containing different property files
and then simply tell Cocoon to load all property files from a specific
directory. This is already implemented in 2.2 anyway.
You mean that we can already choose at startup time where the property files are loaded from?
I thought so, but I was wrong :( - but it's not hard coded and adding a
variant here that chooses the directory based on "something" is very
easy to do. I think we should discuss this at the hackathon and then
simply implement.

Ok! Man, this hackaton should last a week!

Sylvain