Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> My life regarding software goes thru phases. A phase transition is when
> you strongly believe in something, then you strongly change your mind.
> Others call it a 'revelation', others think you lost your mind.
>
> I wrote Cocoon as a way to help achieving a more coherent look and feel
> for the apache web sites. It was way overdesigned for that, so much that
> we created another project for that (Forrest) which is still
> overdesigned (even if it got a lot done).

It's funny how I was thinking about this lately...

Forrest overdesigned? Yup.
Got a lot done? You are being too generous :-)

If I want to have a site with a consistent look, I would simply have all
content in HTML, a css file, some images, and it's done.

Cocoon is not dead, it's just that the reasons why it was created in the
first place are no longer so relevant.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -