The simpler alternative would be a wget of the docs on cocoon.apache.org.

My argument would be that there's no bad thing keeping the new docs system for 2.2.

Helma, are there any glaring mistakes in the currently live docs?

The updates that have been put into the xdocs/Daisy are not in the live docs and the FAQ is empty. Also, some javadoc extraction process has resulted in a few duplicates of sitemap components where one of them points to minor information and the other results in a 404.

I've already added FAQ to Daisy, so going the Daisy book route and getting the PDF and/or HTML will in any case result in all the documentation you would expect from the navigation bar on the site.

OTOH: a few pages that I could not find in the obvious place in the xdoc directory of the repository are included as a link in Daisy.
These pages are:

under section "Status"
- changes
- todo

most of section "Community" and "Project" and "Links". Most of these are external links anyway and are thus repeated.

So my take on this would be: include the Daisy book PDF and/or HTML and make sure that the few pages that are not included (i.e. those described above), are still available on the web, and updated if necessary.

As a user I'd rather see updated documentation that is completely different from the previous release than the current crippled version that has the familiar look.

Bye, Helma