Ralph Goers wrote:

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

Le 10 oct. 05, à 16:07, hepabolu a écrit :

...while looking at Bugzilla I noticed some open bugs entered as far back as 2002. Could someone have a look and do _something_ about it? It's not a good sign that bugs are open thatlong...

I don't think we'll ever get there, my last count says we have 303 open bugzilla issues, and my perception is that we have little collective energy to analyze and prioritize them, we've been chasing this for months now without significant results.

How about doing a "bug amnesty" as follows?

1) Set ALL Cocoon2 open issues to WONTFIX state, with a comment like BUG_AMNESTY_2005_10 and a link to a wiki page explaning what's happening.

This will send a mail to bug reporters, people in CC etc. to give them a chance to react.

2) In the explanation, ask people who receive these mails to reopen the issue if they think it is still current, if their patch still does make sense, etc.
Explain that the goal is to have an up-to-date list of relevant issues.

This would allow collaborative cleanup of the list of issues by the people who are interested in them. We might miss a few issues if people don't reply, but they'd be marked with BUG_AMNESTY_2005_10 in the comments if we need them back, so easy to find.

Without such a scheme, I'm afraid we'll drag this list forever without being able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

WDYT?

-Bertrand

I wouldn't do this with all bugs, but if a bug has been opened for 6 months or perhaps a year or more and has had no activity then I think changing its status to EXPIRED would be appropriate. It can always be reopened and fixed.

No, because it becomes invisible. Hidding reported bugs is a bad idea.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.