Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

Results are encouraging - now diff between old URI space and new version is much smaller (attached as well)

Note that there are several numbered docs in there - either mislabelled old docs or newly added docs, i have not checked.

Note, somehow only the menu is up on forrest.zones, all linked pages are gone. I suspect this is due to the split in the navigation doc in Daisy and should be fixed when Ross adjusts the appropriate files in Forrest.

Here are snippets of your diff that I want to comment on:

> +/692.html
> +/692.html
> +/692.html

I'm not sure where you found this one, because it doesn't show up on the forrest.zone set. In Daisy I used it to work around a little problem in the navigation doc: if a group contains only links to external pages, it doesn't open because there is no internal document to display. The content of this page is reflected in the forrest.zones set similar to the cocoon.apache.org set, with one exception:

the "Links" section is not present in forrest.zones although it is present in Daisy.

> -/catalog-test.html

IIUC this is only present in the repository, but not on cocoon.apache.org and also not in Daisy. It is beyond me to grasp the value of this page, so AFAIC I won't put any effort into it to get it on the website. Again, this is toplevel, so that explains its absence as well.

This is so outdated (see http://cocoon.apache.org/changes.html) that I would be ashamed to put it up again. So it's missing from Daisy (also because it's toplevel) and therefore from forrest.zones.

> +/developing/portal/authentication.html

In the original site, this points to /developing/webapps/authentication.html. Although Daisy also refers to the same document, it is now available under two urls. No showstopper for me.

> /developing/portal/coplets.html
> +/developing/portal/coplets/cachinguricoplet.html
> +/developing/portal/coplets/uricoplet.html

The two pages below are extracted from the huge coplets.html file and put in separate pages to keep the info more readable. They can be reached through the menu see forrest.zones.

There was an issue with an extra /portal/ in the url. I've fixed that. Only thing that remains are the samples:
daisy export: /developing/portal/samples/forms.html + .../basket.html
cocoon.apache.org: /developing/portal/forms.html + .../basket.html

> +/developing/portal/layout_skins.html
> +/developing/portal/wsrp.html

New content

> +/developing/webapps/604.html

Fixed

> +/developing/webapps/application_management.html
> +/developing/webapps/authenticating_user.html
> +/developing/webapps/module_management.html
> +/developing/webapps/pipeline_patterns.html
> +/developing/webapps/summary.html
> +/developing/webapps/user_administration.html
> +/developing/webapps/user_management.html

Same as for the portal: this was all part of one huge "authentication.html" file. I've split it into different smaller files to keep it more readable. They are all in the menu.

> -/installing/requirements.html

Fixed

> -/plan/changes-doc.html
> -/plan/issues-doc.html
> -/plan/review-sitemap-docs.html
> -/plan/todo-doc.html

These are very old and very outdated. The info is either done or not valid any more. When we want to have a "hip and modern" Cocoon, these pages provide the opposite signal. Since they deal with documentation only, I suggest to simply leave them out. If people think the information is worthwhile keeping, I suggest we either move them to Daisy but only for archiving purposes, or we move the info to the wiki.

> -/todo.html

IIUC this is genererated from status.xml, so I didn't do anything with this, although I think this is a good candidate for either Jira (most obvious place) or a Daisy document (easier to get an overview).

> +/userdocs/forms/ajax.html
> +/userdocs/forms/formlibraries.html
> +/userdocs/forms/improving_sample.html
> +/userdocs/forms/selectionlists.html
> +/userdocs/forms/templating.html
> +/userdocs/forms/widget_class.html
> +/userdocs/forms/widget_form.html
> +/userdocs/forms/widget_group.html
> +/userdocs/forms/widget_imagemap.html
> +/userdocs/forms/widget_tree.html
> +/userdocs/forms/widget_union.html
> +/userdocs/forms/widgetstates.html
> +/userdocs/forms/xmlbinding.html
> +/userdocs/matchers/template-matcher.html

New content

> -/userdocs/generators/sessionattribute-generator.html
> -/userdocs/transformers/jpath-transformer.html
> -/userdocs/transformers/role-filter-transformer.html
> -/userdocs/transformers/simple-form-instance-transformer.html
> -/userdocs/transformers/simple-form-transformer.html

I've recreated the pages, with hardly any info in it, for url-compatibility sake. There were already links to the apidocs for these classes.

> +/userdocs/transformers/463.html
> -/userdocs/transformers/i18n-transformer.html

Fixed, 463 = i18n-transformer

Bye, Helma