Upayavira skrev:
Jorg Heymans wrote:

<snip/>

Also: are we carrying forward all blocks to 2.2 or is this the time
where we ditch the obscure, rarely used and "blocks that don't really
deserve to be a block" blocks? I'ld say we choose the 10 most often used
and well known blocks and let the users voice their concern about those
blocks we aren't taking forward. If enough noise, we can then still
decide to support these blocks ourselves again or even offer it to
dedicated users to maintain themselves.

IMO we should be aiming to have either two or three releases: bare,
small or complete.

I would prefer not to have the complete release, because I would like us
to have _a lot_ more blocks, as blocks _do_ make sense, they just don't
make sense as the core. So if we start making "complete" releases, that
complete release could start to grow into something unmanagable.

So, we identify 'core' blocks, if we haven't already. Those get included
in the 'small' build, the rest can be downloaded either via Maven or as
separate zips.

My take on core blocks is:
 * template
 * forms
 * javaflow

+1

I would also ask whether we should consider replacing the serializers in
core with those in the serializer block.

Better move the current core serializers to an own block. IMO we should have a core that only contains the minimal infrastructure and core apis needed for Cocoon, everything els, including sitemap components should go into blocks.

/Daniel