Giacomo Pati wrote:

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:32:13 +0100
From: Bertrand Delacretaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Deployment into a monolithic Cocoon web app

Le 25 mars 06 à 15:37, Reinhard Poetz a écrit :

...What do you have to do to run trunk?...

Your instructions worked for me as well, but it took *ages*.

IIUC it's because Maven was trying to download stuff, getting timeouts, retrying etc, lines like

[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin: checking for updates from mortbay-repo

This may be due to snapshot dependencies which Maven2 resolves periodically (depends on configuration).

sometimes stay on screen for several minutes without anything apparently happening.

It seems that it depends on day or person or connectivity or whatever. I've build trunk so many times with almost always successfully building in one go with none of the issues many have reported. I do really have no clue whether it is the connectivity on the Apache side or on the person side doing the build that causes those issues.

I'm (still) a Maven newbie so I might be doing something wrong, but it looks like your deployer works, congratulations!

The instructions works here, too.

Thanks for the verification.

I think the general problem is that you need to have downloaded the artifacts once as Maven have to put them into the local artifacts repository. Indeed, this can take very long if Maven is used for the first them. But then, it should work fine in the future as further downloads are the exception and not the rule.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de