Simone Gianni wrote:
> Hello everybody all and thanks to all of you for voting me as a
> committer.
>
> I'm so excited to become part of the ASF, expecially  within the
> cocoon project who driven my web developing experience in the last 6
> years. I wanted to let you know something about myself as per the
> Cocoon tradition: I assume you all know how embarassing it is to talk
> about oneself, so I'll just get on with some random notes. :)
>
> I'm 27 and I live in Rome, Italy. I started programming when i was
> about 7 with C64. It happened for a simple and completely random
> situation : i received a C64 and a game, inside the C64 box there were
> two manuals, a short one to run the game, and a big one teaching basic
> programming.

A question: what language where these books written in: English or
Italian? I'm always amazed to see kids learning to program right after
learning to read. Computers weren't widespread when I was 7 (that was in
1974) and I "only" started at 13, having already some english background.

> I tried the small one, but since the game wasn't working i tried to
> read the big one and simply type what was written there, but it took
> time (and a lot of LOGO programming) to discovered why 10 print "ciao"
> 20 goto 10 caused a lot of "ciao" on my screen :)
>
> I decided not to attend university and started working as a freelance.
> Perl first and PHP/mysql then were the leading technologies back in
> 1997. For another incredibly random situation, I arrived in Milan in
> march 2000 to work for Bibop Research, which some of you might
> remember, where I had the incredible opportunity to work with Gianugo
> Rabellino, Ricardo Rocha and meet people like Stefano Mazzocchi and
> many other very skilled guys. I left Bibop a few months later, but
> this experience pushed me into Cocoon.

Wow, Bibop again? Looks like Cocoon wouldn't have been there if Bibop
had not existed :-)

> I currently own a small company, and we work mainly with Cocoon. In
> the last couple of years we've been collaborating a lot with Pronetics
> (and from now on with Sourcesense) on intranet applications heavily
> based on cocoon-forms (a corporate banking and an administration
> system for a university, a total of about 300 cocoon forms, being the
> leading projects), binding directly on backend beans, so actually my
> main area of interest is cocoon forms and more specifically it's
> interaction with beans and backend persistence (with a strong focus on
> Hibernate lately).

Cool. I understand now your interest in CForms!

> But I'll not limit my work to this field, I look forward to help out
> consolidating, improving and expanding this great framework, and I'm
> thrilled to be part of this incredible community. Thanks again to
> everyone who voted me: I consider being over here a great accomplishment.

Eh, welcome aboard Simone!

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez