Reinhard Poetz schrieb:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
>>> Hmm, good question.

>>> No, I think/hope that we can do this in our deployer tool.
>>
>> Not sure we can (Reinhard?)
>
> The cocoon-deployer-maven-plugin *extends* the maven-war-plugin as good as
> possible[1]. We only have to upgrade the dependency in the POM whenever we
> want
> to use a new maven-war-plugin.
> The only disadvantage of this is that implementing Carsten's idea "c) Change
> the
> deployer tool to *not* put all jars in WEB-INF/lib and classes in
> WEB-INF/classes."  would lead to a lot of code duplication as we would have
> build the web application ourselves. So I'm -1 on this as at least I don't
> want
> to maintain this fork.

Ok, are you -1 on the whole classloading idea or just on point c)? I
haven't looked at your deployer tool and I only briefly looked at the
maven war plugin some time ago, but couldn't we just extend the plugin
(like you do) and move the jar files from WEB-INF/lib to "whatever
directory we want" after the original code is finished building the
webapp. So this would be a simple post processor.

WDYT?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/