Hi gang,

It's Friday, I'm tired and a bit depressed after losing about two more
hours unsuccessfully trying to add OJB to the dependencies of the
bricks-archetype example I'm working on (would have needed all of six
minutes to do this with our old ant build).

I'll spare you the details on that one, but I think each of us present
at the ApacheCon EU Hackathon has lost several hours this week
fighting with Maven (or rather Maven repositories) problems instead of
doing useful progress.

From what I understand now, it seems like most people using Maven in
their companies have their own local repositories, which they take
care to keep in good shape.

But using public repositories seems to bring us more problems than
Maven should solve, especially because Cocoon integrates many
libraries from the ASF and from other places, and there are many ways
in which dependencies can be broken apparently.

I'm sorry that I have nothing to suggest at this point (except going
back to ant, but it's probably a lot of work).

The main thing is that I'm afraid our users will go away if they are
confronted with the same problems than many of us had this week trying
to catch up with 2.2. The collective time wasted on this is huge and
it hides all the good things that are in 2.2.

Suggestions are welcome I guess.

-Bertrand