On 8/5/06 3:11 PM, in article [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Jorg Heymans"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Actually, no. I forgot the -s settings.xml when doing mvn cocoon:deploy
> jetty6:run
>
> Now I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/avalon/framework/CascadingRuntimeException
>
> It seems that some avalon jars are missing , I'll have a look.

Right I got it working now.

It turned out that during archetype build, svn.a.o was not available as a
repository. The avalon and excalibur poms are still located there so we need
to have that repo available during build if we want to pick up the
dependencies transitively.

There are two solutions, either make the pom.xml in the archetype (the one
that the user ends up with) extend the cocoon root pom, or put svn.a.o in a
repositories section in that same pom. It doesn't really matter for the
moment, so just to get it working I declared the repo in pom.xml - this way
the user still has the option of inheriting from his own poms should he wish
to do so.

I've rereleased the archetype as 1.0.0-M2.

Jorg