Antonio Gallardo wrote:
Jason Johnston escribió:
On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 08:05 -0600, Jason Johnston wrote:
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
As Java 5 was released almost 2 years ago, I propose making it the minimum requirement for trunk and all artifacts released from there.

+1

Thinking about this a bit more, I have a question.

As I understand it there are several blocks (CForms comes to mind) that
are shared between trunk and the 2.1.x branch via svn:external
properties.  Unless I'm mistaken this would prevent the minimum JDK
requirement from being raised for these blocks, since it would affect
the branch where Java 1.3 is still supported.  Using any new JDK
features in these blocks would break that 1.3 support in the branch.

Should the vote be qualified with an "...except for those blocks that
are shared by the 2.1.x branch"?
Good point. BTW, what if we vote to upgrade 2.1. branch to at least 1.4? :-)

I don't see much value in this as we should stop to add new features to the 2.1.x branch rather sooner than later. I guess that there will only be one further _planned_ release (2.1.10) and then we should only backport critical bug fixes and release on demand.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de