Jorg Heymans wrote:
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

My understanding was that the staging repo is a mirror of everything
under org/apache/cocoon and when we really want to release, we call a
script that copies our changes to the public sync repo or if we want to
roll back, we copy back the changes by copying the content of the sync
repo over our staging repo (we should be able to do this on specific
paths, but that's a detail).

this would work, even though my understanding was that staging->release
repo is a one way process. You deploy to staging and after verification
you _move_ the files simply to release. If you get it wrong, just zap
staging and try again. I just talked with jdcasey on #maven about this,
he said that we should be ok with overwriting metadata.xml as the
<versions> element in there is only used for snapshot resolution.
Release artifacts are looked up directly.

ahh, ok. Then there is no need to for keeping our staging repo in sync with the public sync repo.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

___________________________________________________________ Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm. Hier gelangen Sie zum neuen Yahoo! Mail: http://mail.yahoo.de