Joerg Heinicke wrote:
On 17.08.2006 01:29, Torsten Curdt wrote:

"Is it appropriate to vote according to your employer's needs".

IMO PMC members should vote in the best interest of the project - not
in the best interest of their employers.

I just want to point out that I did not vote "according to [my] employer's needs", but what IMHO is better for the project. Though we do not yet use Java 5, there is probably no problem to switch to it. The example I made with the bank was with a former employer of mine.

I certainly didn't think you were. I think Torsten was asking a hypothetical question of me. However, your response above is exactly what I was trying to point out. What we think is in the "best interest of the project" is colored by our experiences with our current and former employers. While you aren't voting "according to your employer's needs" you are certainly considering them as well as your former employers when making decisions. If you didn't then Cocoon would just be a toy with no practical value.

Ralph