Laurent Perez wrote:
> I still have a problem gettting cocoon to load my own Spring beans : I
> put a daoContext.xml file under WEB-INF/cocoon/spring, but when I
> restart the container it again shows SEVERE : errorListener, nothing
> else. That file is working fine under spring2.0m4.
Could you post your whole stacktrace and the context file?

well, there is no stacktrace at all, the catalina log just writes
"SEVERE : errorListener" and prevents the webapp from deploying. I'll
try to figure out if tomcat startup can be set to some DEBUG loglevel.

I tried to change my context to a very basic one, with a root <beans>
and a single <bean> entry, and it shows the same error. I then tried
to add a <bean> entry to WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml and it also
outputs that error, I'm pretty lost, but yeah I'll post that file
later on. Note that the single <bean> I tried to add is a
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource class.

I also stumbled across
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg46302.html , does
it mean I have to put a <cocoon:"something"/> tag somewhere into my
context ?
no you don't. WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml is automatically deployed to your webapp from cocoon-core block:

<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";
       xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util";
       xmlns:cocoon="http://org.apache.cocoon/core";
       xmlns:avalon="http://org.apache.cocoon/avalon";
                           http://www.springframework.org/schema/util
http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util.xsd
                           http://org.apache.cocoon/core
http://org.apache.cocoon/core.xsd
                           http://org.apache.cocoon/avalon
http://org.apache.cocoon/avalon.xsd";>

  <!-- Load all the properties for Cocoon -->
  <cocoon:settings/>

  <!-- Load Avalon configurations
       If you want to use a different logger than the default log4j logger,
       add a bean conforming to the Avalon Logger interface to this definition
       and leave out the loggingConfiguration attribute.
   -->
  <avalon:avalon location="/WEB-INF/cocoon/cocoon.xconf"
                 loggingConfiguration="/WEB-INF/cocoon/log4j.xconf"/>

</beans>

You must not put any other file in that location (yours will take precedence and cocoon probably won't start).

Please try to mimic the steps I described here: http://ouzo.squash.eu.org/2006/09/creating_a_mavenized_cocoon_ap.html

At the end of the entry there is a link to download the project source. Try to put your application context into: squasher/squasher-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring

and run the application.