On 10/9/06, Antonio Gallardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

...Because we claim 2.1 is java 1.3 when it
fact few of us care about this compatibility and some blocks does not
compile at all....

I think we voted on this a while ago: the 2.1 core and most blocks
must work with 1.3, but some blocks might not. So it's not a surprise.

If we want to make sure 2.1 compiles with JDK 1.3 as shipped, we could
add a notice to the release instructions, that this must be tested
before releasing - it's only a matter of disabling blocks which do not
compile with 1.3.

For 2.2, it would be cool to have this info in the blocks themselves -
do the Maven POMs allow for some "JDK requirements" metadata?

-Bertrand