Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
On 10/12/06, David Crossley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
...Closing issues prematurely is disrespectful...

Agreed, with "prematurely" as the key aspect.

I must admit I haven't looked at the particular issue being discussed,
I was thinking in general terms: if an issue has been sitting here for
several years, we've asked for feedback or additional info and nothing
comes, I think it's fair to set it to "won't fix".

Only if feedback means stacktrace or any other essential information original submitter failed to furnish, then yes, such issue can be closed.

But if feedback means "please send in a patch"... That's a different story. Not everybody can do a decent patch.

Vadim