Reinhard Poetz wrote:

Currently we have following configuration in our root POM:

 <repository>
   <id>cocoon-staging-repo</id>
   <name>staging release repository</name>
<url>scpexe://people.apache.org/home/jheymans/public_html/cocoon-staging-repository</url>
 </repository>
I guess that it isn't the best idea to use Jorg's home directory as staging repository, is it? But what would be a better location for this on people.apache.org?

+1, but not so important IMO as it's only a staging repository IMO.

One question to the move of all artifacts from our staging repository to the Apache sync repository: Is it really as simple as doing "mv cocoon-staging-repository m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository"?

The only concern would be the metadata.xml, but as we established a few months ago that file is only used by maven for finding out about snapshots. Release versions are looked up directly. So IMO yes releasing is really as simple as mv staging -> rsync.

Jorg