Ard Schrijvers wrote:

You should add an extra stylesheet that removes superfluous namespace attributes. This is what I've done:

I used to use this strategy as well, though recently I replaced this xsl transformer with a custom StripNameSpacesTransformer (about just 10 lines), which outperforms the slow xsl transformation a factor 30 for small xml docs, over hundreds of times for bigger xml docs. I am not sure if it is already available in cocoon in some transformer.
If somebody is interested in the code, I can attach it,

if you mean adding to trunk/branch21, +1

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de