Giacomo Pati wrote:

Marc Portier wrote:
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
Since we are releasing artifacts separatly, the cocoon/tags directory in
our SVN gets crowded and I guess that in a couple of months we will have
hundrets of subdirectories there. We should find some way to reduce this
number.

My first idea was using the year and the quarter as subdirectories:

cocoon/tags/2006-Q1
cocoon/tags/2006-Q2
etc.

This way the number of subdirectories should grow in smaller pace. WDOT?

in my experience people don't know/remember the date/quarter of a
certain release, so would be hindered in finding back what they are
looking for

the subdir hierarchy should be build up of stuff they can be normally
expected to know, eg
1- major/minor/patch
2- or the various artifact-names

(given those are causing this, I'ld go for option 2)

Me too. Kinda Maven repository structure?

artifactId/version/  ?

The problem with it is, that we have to configure it in pom.xml for each module, the date solution would have worked for all.

Maybe something like this

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.0-beta-4</version>
        <configuration>

<tagBase>https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/${project.artifactId}</tagBase>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

is resolved correctly and automatically creates missing directories. I will give it a try next time.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de