On 12/18/06, Bertrand Delacretaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 12/18/06, hepabolu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ...- rename the current branch to Cocoon 2.2 without the 1.3 compatibility..

Not 2.2, please...we've been talking about 2.2 for so long that
releasing the 2.1 branch as 2.2 might be very confusing.

I'm not against renumbering things, no problem with that. But "Cocoon
2.2" means our current trunk for many people, and IMHO we shouldn't
reuse that version number for anything else.

I'd disagree; the current numbering scheme seems completely arbitrary
and doesn't help clarify the major differences between 2.1 and 2.2.
Yes there are users on the dev list, but I'd bet every single person
that has actually downloaded Trunk and built it can cope with having
it called 3.0 instead of 2.2.

--
Peter Hunsberger