Alfred Nathaniel wrote:
> I agree, too.
>
> The last thing I want is to hold up the 2.1.10.  If I had known what I
> stirred up here, I would not have started it.
I guess most of us did not expect this :(

> I apologize for the short time for discusion and vote but the idea was
> to get it into 2.1.10.  Otherwise it will stay forever.
The intension was definitly good.

> Personally I think trunk is still too immature and unapproachable that
> there must a way open for 2.1.11+ release.
Don't know if trunk is really immature, but looking at the past it seems
unlikely that we will release 2.2 in a short timeframe; so it is
realistic that we will have a 2.1.11.

> I am not so firm in ASF rules.  Does the one who called the vote have
> the right to withdraw the motion?  Or does somebody else want to call a
> vote to undo this vote?
I think you can just withdraw the vote (if you would have a vote to undo
a vote, someone could vote there -1 ... would be funny somehow)

The remaining question is, if we want to keep the notice in the
status.xml for 2.1.10?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect