Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 27.12.2006 13:48, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> Does anybody else see this error message when he tries to use the latest
>> snapshot from trunk?
>>
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>     at
>> org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.PoolableProxyHandler.invoke(PoolableProxyHandler.java:50)
>>

>> Line 50 of the PoolableProxyHandler is
>>
>> RequestContextHolder.getRequestAttributes().removeAttribute(this.attributeName,
>>
>> RequestAttributes.SCOPE_REQUEST);
>
> Don't know about Cocoon trunk yet, but if RequestContextHolder is the
> one delivered with Spring you need a component setting the
> RequestAttributes on the RequestContextHolder. Therefore you can use
> RequestContextListener or RequestContextFilter and declare it in web.xml.

Exactly :)
I removed our own implementation in favour of Spring's
RequestContextHolder. The attributes are used to keep track of poolable
components and to release them when the request is finished.
Therefore you should add the Spring's request context listener to your
web.xml (I added it to web.xml in svn); this listener requires servlet
spec 2.4.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect