Reinhard Poetz said the following on 5/2/07 11:17:
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
But it takes a little bit to much screen real estate IMHO. It is a little bit higher than our current look and nearly twice as high as the masthead and top menu for Spring framework. Would it be possible to rescale it so that it takes a little bit less space?

could be worth a try

I wouldn't compare it to different websites. This is OUR website and we should agree on it, no matter what size. I now miss the "search" box that could be in the header as well.

Please note that "shrinking" the masthead will also take the "air" out of the design and I suspect that it will give a cluttered and crammed look.

And don't forget you guys voted for the "blocks", so you have to live with it. ;-)

Also the "getting ..." boxes dominates the page a little bit to much for my taste (at least on my screen), they look quite heavy compared to the blue fade out in the mast head. Would it be possible to make them less visually heavy?

I like these boxes as they are. IMO they should be the eye catcher number one of the homepage. I wouldn't change them.

I fully agree. This is our home page and the eye catcher. Other pages will not have these green blocks, so don't worry.

I resized the page to 1024 x 768 and it still works well and leaves plenty of space for the content. I assume that the majority of (potential) users will be developers that will have screens at that resolution or better. So I'm all for a minimal "best" resolution of 1024 x 768 and improved aesthetics.

Bye, Helma