Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I've been working on the release for the past couple of hours. As it's
> late here, I need some sleep. Unfortunatly this means that the trunk
> is broken ATM. I will continue later today and fix all poms.
>
> Sorry for any inconveniences.

Just a quick question. Why don't we use version ranges instead of fixed
version numbers in our internal pom dependencies?

While using a version range on an external dependency can be dangerous
'cause we are not sure they will respect versioning rules, we could use
them for internal dependencies and save a lot of work when the version
of a single component changes and avoid having to cleanup the
repository, rebuild everything, change the version in the pom, re-clean
the repository and so on. Also because when we will have "1.0.0" version
of a block published on public repository it will be a real pain to
debug which components are still pointing to instead than to the new
1.0.1 version.

Is there some hidden problem with version ranges?

Simone