Andrew Stevens wrote:
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 17:16:27 +0100

Hi,

(thanks for the reminder, Daniel - yes, I'd forgotten about the vote)

On 8 Jun 2007, at 00:57, Andrew Stevens wrote:

Well, for what it's worth (which isn't much) I for one am glad Cocoon 2.2 still supports JDK 1.4. It's finally looking like our US datacentre is getting their act together so my team can plan to migrate our sites off Websphere 5.0 (JDK 1.3, and end-of-life'd about 9 months ago!) onto a more recent version. However, the new version that they are willing to support is 6.0, which uses... JDK 1.4
Useful feedback indeed Andrew, it's always helpful for us to know what the issues are out there in the real world. Are you using c2.1 or c2.2 at the moment?

Currently 2.1, and a couple of versions behind at that. We'll probably be moving to a more recent version in the near future, but whether that's the latest 2.1.x or 2.2 will depend on how stable 2.2 is by that point, and how much effort it is to update our application and existing customised components (including the fins charting components, which I modified a while back to work in Cocoon 2.1.7 & JDK 1.3).

Andrew.