Hi,

I'll give you some background to my problem. I use ProcessInfoProvider for accessing environmental data because I've read[1] that it is a proffered way to do this in Cocoon 2.2. Now, I would like to write tests for Spring beans depending on ProcessInfoProvider. I thought that it makes sense to provide mock implementation and register it in AbstractTestCase, similarly to how settings is registered; see my commit r558983[2].

I think, that it should work well and I think that it makes sense to register ProcessInfoProvider implementation in AbstractTestCase because this component provides access to environment and should be easily available for every test. The problem is that ProcessInfoProvider refers to javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest and in AbstractTestCase request is created with type org.apache.cocoon.environment.Request.

I'm puzzled what to do in such case, do you have any suggestion?

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/68706
[2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.cvs/24845

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski