Daniel Fagerstrom pisze:
As I wrote about in http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=118683052219287&w=2 we already (since maybe two years ago) has a migration path from the old to the new syntax.

As you see almost nobody has known that such migration path exists so, in a
fact, there was not any.
Lack of documentation is serious obstacle especially in such situations.

As the string template readers in template is plugable. In that implementation we actually use {} for the new syntax (following XSLT) as people seemed to prefer that back then. This is of course not written in stone, we could use ${} instead if that is what people prefer now. If we use ${} we more or less have to have JEXL as default expression language implementation, otherwise it will be highly confusing.

I wanted to use ${} to distinguish old sitemap expressions from new one. Since we somehow agreed to use StringTemplateParser functionality the choice of expression handling will be done not by using one or another syntax but by configuring parser. Having said that I think that use of $ sign will be redundant. What do you think?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski
*** My Internet Service Provider breaks my internet connection