Joerg Heinicke wrote:
On 20.08.2007 15:08 Uhr, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

I really wouldn't like to be seen as crazy person blindly pushing us to this split up. To be honest, I would like to do nothing. Such split up is lots of work in JIRA itself, then fixing URLs in our poms, etc. My goal is simple: let our issue tracking have valid information about version particular issue affects and version where particular issue is fixed.

You are not the only person. I'd prefer a better solution as well, but I change the camp since it does not seem to be worth the effort at the moment. You only move the problem from selecting the right version to selecting the right Jira project - and therefore break all the URLs. Some like issues linked in Jira comments themselves you can't even fix.

I think in the meantime we should just leave it as is and hope for improvements in Jira itself like versions specific to components and not only projects.

WDYT?
+1

Ralph