Nils Kaiser wrote:
By following the discussion I had a look wether JIRA people are planning to add some support in that direction and in fact there are some issues related to this:

http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-12241 - Support for Product Suites / Sub-Projects (22 votes) http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3228 - Ability to add versions to components (18 votes)

While this does not add any solution to the problem, you could all vote for the issue or comment it. There are also a lot of duplicates...

Thanks Nils for the research. Maybe it's best to wait for these features then and only create seperate Jira projects for our two subprojects (configuration, servlet-service).

Do the Atlassian folks have some kind of public schedule that gives us a clue what they plan for the upcoming releases?

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc