On 19.09.2007 8:35 Uhr, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

But, I think that we need the three slashes in some cases, as the uri is
otherwise not parsable as a uri again. Although its not a correct uri it
works whereas the correct uri does not.

But before we had any os-specific refinement it worked for us, so actually with only one or two slashes. It was only the introduced ZipSourceTestCase that revealed the different behavior with the slashes. So we should be ok with 2 slashes but I don't mind if we always go to 3 slashes. The code in the FileSource is just for wiping out the os differences.

Joerg