On 19.09.2007 11:32 Uhr, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

While we have a historical tradition of using 2 slashes, but it is wrong according to the URL standard (http://gbiv.com/protocols/uri/rfc/rfc3986.html). 1 or 3 slashes is correct. No idea about how we should handle this fact though ;)

Ok, for Windows it might make sense considering the drives as authority part: file://C:/temp/file.tmp. Maybe we should talk about the actual task of this method. Is it about wiping out differences of the os what I thought so far? Or do we go with the os differences. Then maybe the test must be more relaxed.

Joerg