Reinhard Poetz wrote:
Leszek Gawron wrote:
I suggest that when Springifiing components, we just remove the Avalon
stuff.

WDYT?

+1

lovely, less work for me :)

and seriously: +1

Do we really want to springify trunk *now*? The problem is that the migration of Cocoon 2.1 apps gets more difficult if you have to rewrite all your component configurations.

My proposal is that we add deprecation logs if somebody uses <map:component> in a sitemap and wait with springifying sitemap components until after the 2.2 release. When we are done we release 2.3.

WDOT?

What do we do with sitemap components that have already been springified? CTemplate and CForms in particular.

I guess your proposal is about sitemap components. Core components like continuations manager can be springified with no harm for users.

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.