Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ok I'm confused about AbstractLogEnabled business. Is it correct that
> instead of org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.AbstractLogEnabled we
> should be using org.apache.cocoon.util.AbstractLogEnabled [1]?
>
> If yes, why there are only 2 usages of the latter and around 100 usages
> of the former? :)
>
> Should I go ahead and do a replacement? Or may be we should discuss it
> first. For example, should there be an implementation of
> enableLogging(org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Logger logger) method
> to provide backward compatibility.

No, I don't think so - one of the main ideas of this base class is to
avoid dependencies to Avalon.

Now, today, I think even this class can be removed as it creates an
unnecessary dependency to the module containing it. If you want to log,
just instantiate the commons logger in your own code and use it. If you
want to make it configurable, provide a setLogger() method like this
abstract class does.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler