Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
For me the most important aspect in this matter is that users shouldn't be forced to recompile their stuff if they don't want to.

I don't think this is a realistic expectation for the major (2.X is major in our numbering scheme) release. I'd totally agree with you on minor upgrade, such as 2.1.9 to 2.1.10.

Switching to Cocoon 2.3 (2.5 or 3.0 - whatever we will name it) will change the contracts for components fundamentally. This means that all exisiting components need to be rewritten anyway

Why?

will Avalon interfaces, e.g. Configureable, still be supported?

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member, PMC Chair        [EMAIL PROTECTED]