On 12/28/07, Ralph Goers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I committed/closed my Cocoon jiras as soon as I learned a Cocoon
> > release was planned.  This may be the final release of Cocoon-2.1 so
> > every change must be committed or discarded.
> I wouldn't get your hopes up on this one. 2.2 is sufficiently different
> enough that I would not be surprised to see a 2.1.12 release even after
> 2.2.0.
> Ralph

We needed a new 2.1 because at least one very annoying bug was
patched.  When releasing 2.1.11 was first discussed, someone mentioned
making this the final release as most of the Cocoon devs are working
on 2.2.  I hope you are correct that development of Cocoon-2.1 has not
ended.  I like Cocoon-2.1 and have several patches to contribute.
This patch was to make application creation even easier.  Cocoon-2.2
has progressed in a different direction and requires much more
configuration.

On 12/28/07, Bertrand Delacretaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2007 11:30 AM, Joerg Heinicke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 28.12.2007 11:19 Uhr, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> > > ...In other words, commits from non-Cocoon committers who have SVN rights
> > > to our codebase must be review-then-commit, *not* commit-then-review.
> > The suggested patch was to be reviewed since mid of the year ... it has
> > been part of the original issue description [1]....
> "To be reviewed", ok but no none looked at it, so in RTC mode this
> doesn't mean one should apply the patch.
> We should have looked at it, of course..but that didn't happen, so
> it's not "reviewed".
> -Bertrand
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2074

Creating the jira posted to the Cocoon Dev ML in June.  Nobody
commented.  Should we consider that as no interest or no objections? I
did not receive notification that nobody looked at the jira.  What is
the proper channel for more review?

Carsten has reverted the commit and objects to improving creation of
applications because some method exists that is better than the
obvious one (that this commit tried to improve).  The Cocoon-2.1
documentation has a hole where the application creation instructions
belong.  Should this discussion continue?

solprovider