[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote

> Having commit rights meant I did not need to sit back and wait.  The
> jira gave the project notice of my intentions; nobody objected.
> Controversy requires interest.  Nobody cared about this.  I would have
> committed this two weeks after the jira if I had time.  Committing
> generated more review, but none was constructive.
>
> Fixing the implementation required much less thought than this thread.
>  I reopened the jira and added an implementation that solves the
> ant-copy-filtering concerns:
>    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2074
> Can this be included in 2.1.11?
>
> Killing an OS project is easy -- just create a new version that
> interests developers and chases away users.  The old versions die from
> lack of development.  The new version dies from lack of use.  A
> demonstration is in progress.

Now, I'll not comment on all of this, but I still have a few comments:
a) you still did not come up with a use case or a sample for the need of
this patch.
b) all your patches actually broke the build as they copied way too
much, for instance the samples and test-suit dir should only be copied
if they are not excluded during the build.
c) I just applied a patch which should do what you want to do without
breaking the build.
d) I guess that there will be more maintenance releases of 2.1.x - so
2.1.11 won't be the last.
e) The timing for applying this patch and the way it was done was
not...well...optimal.
f) I'll now continue with preparing the release.

Thanks
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler