Steven Dolg wrote:
Hi guys,

I guess its about time to write something myself...

As a colleague of Reinhard I participated in the Micro-Cocoon effort in February. Just as Reinhard wrote, at the end of those 3 days, there was the idea of doing a rewrite.

Nice work, I'm eager to have a look at it :-)

The number of use cases and the appr. 5500 lines of code indicated by Cobertura made this idea seem like an attainable goal. Nonetheless this is/will be a challenging task - and I am attracted to challenges. ;-) We believed that a working sitemap interpreter (without any components) could be created in about two days time. So I simply attempted to do so and so far things are developing as we envisioned.

I wouldn't consider a sitemap interpreter as being a primary goal for Corona (or whatever its final name). This language was initially meant to be a simple and efficient way to define pipelines.

Now over time features have been added and added again, because the complexity of what people had to do required it. And even with that, people have been very creative (even overly creative) in ways to "distort" or "abuse" the sitemap language because it was still too limited.

So we can take a different approach, and consider that we can use plain programming languages rather than grow our own "pseudo-languages". A well-defined Java API and its Javascript binding would make people way more productive than an XML-based language like the sitemap.

My 0.02 euros

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net