Luca Morandini wrote:
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
<snip/>
About existing APIs, javax.xml.transform addresses part of it (it doesn't have stream inspection though) but it often perceived as difficult to grasp from the simple fact that you have to wire the pipeline backwards, starting with the serializer.

Ok, but... (bear with my my ignorance a bit more) is *that* difficult to develop such an API ? I mean, the classes dealing with the sitemap are already doing that, isn't just a matter of spreading an API over them ?

Oh, I don't think it's a giant task, and what we wrote in this thread is pretty close to the current pipeline interface [1]. But it was designed as support code for the sitemap because this was the target goal, and thus it contains some "sitemap-isms". We probably need to polish it by thinking the other way around, i.e. start aim at a clean Java API on top of which we can add and XML language... if we want.

Sylvain

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-pipeline/cocoon-pipeline-api/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/pipeline/ProcessingPipeline.java

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net