Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:54 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

Yesterday I was introduced to an Austrian student who would be interested in
working on a GSoC for the Cocoon project this year.

The best idea we've had so far was was an upgrade of cForms to Dojo 1.x (or replacing it with something else if that is what the community is interested in).

Yes that is a good one.

+1

Any other suggestions? (the deadline for project proposals is Monday, 17th of March)

Finish SSF implementation? There is a lot of TODOs in there last time I've seen it.

+1

Optimize SSF? Get rid of buffering on service invocations - or at least past SAX buffer around.

Actually, real streaming is not possible but using SAX buffer is a good idea so: +1 for this proposal. I would add: 1. Migrate more stuff to Spring (like i18n transformer, databases stuff, etc.)
2. Write complete Schema for all of our grammars (JX, Forms, Sitemap, etc.)

WDYT?

+1 for the ideas, but they are very specific and only for insiders like you. Grzegorz, do you still consider applying for GSoC this year?

Another idea: Provide a command-line interface again, maybe by working together with the Forrest folks so that they can migrate to 2.2?

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member, PMC Chair        [EMAIL PROTECTED]