On Mar 17, 2008, at 11:15 AM, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
External HTTP crawler is not a replacement for cocoon embedding APIs (which what our CLI was, allows you to embed cocoon and use it from within another java application, together with simple main() wrapper).

I believe that similar effect could be achieved by application imitating DispatcherServlet from SSF. If application wants to embed Cocoon it should do basic initialization that DispatcherServlet does and call SitemapServlet.forward() method. Of course that means the application would need to implement few classes imitating ServletContext, Request, Respone but I don't it's that hard...

WDYT?

Yep. That's exactly how it was done -- see:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/commandline/

Vadim