On May 9, 2008, at 05:35, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

On 08.05.2008 05:39, Lally Singh wrote:

What missing Java sources? They are in
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home/ src.jar Hmm, not for me. Directory exists, but no src.jar inside. So where to get
it from?
Came preinstalled on my mac.  Did you install the dev tools?

No dev tools. Are they only available for Leopard?

No ...I also had them on Tiger.

I'm still on Tiger - and would rather switch to Linux than spending money for Leopard ;)

Oh boy. Just the time searching and fiddling around with alternative approaches may be more expensive. But whatever rocks your boat.

Huh, I didn't realize people still run such older versions of MacOS.

Tiger? Leopard is only out since 1/2 year, so what ... And I'm not willing to pay for it.

Java 6 is the first time apple's drug their feet for any real amt of
time like this. Java 5 was a few weeks after the general release, but
nothing like this.

Why a completely separated version after all? I can see the point of a native look&feel, but beyond that ...

With all due respect guys ...this getting way beyond OT for this list.

It's really that simple. If you think about java6 on OSX...

...shell out the 100 bucks for leopard (if you got a 64-bit Intel machine)
...use the freebsd port if you don't need a UI
...stay on java5
...or install linux

It's really that simple.

cheers