On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Sylvain Wallez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ...Can't we just give the parameters they need
> individually to every pipeline component, thus allowing per-component
> strongly typed and well defined contracts?..

I'm also catching up on this thread but I tend to agree with the above
suggestion, i.e. something like

  Transformer t = new XsltTransformer();
  t.setXslt("cocoon:/mytransform.xsl");
  t.setRequestParameters(request.getParameterMap());

looks clearer than

  Transformer t = new XslTransformer(opaqueMapOfParameters);

And the second form could be added later, if needed for some other reason.

I didn't even look at Corona lately, no idea how things work
currently, just trying to explain how I'd like things to be.

-Bertrand