On Aug 22, 2008, at 11:26 AM, Rainer Pruy wrote:

Hi,
sorry for intruding this discussion.....

Not intruding at all :)

just from what I can take from this discussion:

Wouldn't it be easier to enclose this into a generalized Environment implementation that does support Environment.getTopRequest() and is stored with ObjectModel in place of those different "REQUEST_OBJECT" instances -
all different?
That way you could also have some getCurrentRequest() or getNthRequest(int n) or any other operation that has to deal with request
environments and knowledge about can be kept more local.

It is a nice suggestion but it has to be weighted in carefully with regards to all Environment implementations in 2.1 and different architecture in 2.2. Given my limited time, I'm not going to venture into that. Goal of my comments was mainly to point out to the problem, and not to suggest any particular solution. But you are certainly welcome to work out the best way on how to handle this problem :)

Vadim