From: simone.trip...@gmail.com [mailto:simone.trip...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Simone Tripodi
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:47 PM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: [C3] new pipeline component: variabelExpander

Hi Robby!

The Stringtemplate generator is much more sophisticated (you have
iterators, access to objects methods, ...) compared to this simple
component, that simply provides variable expansion.

The other difference is: Stringtemplate is a generator, the
VariableExpander is a component you can put in the middle of the
pipeline whenever you need - in my case, I needed to plug it at the
3rd stage of the pipeline.

For what it worths, Stringtemplate generator brings a 3rd party
dependency, VariableExpander comes dependencies-free inside the
cocoon-sax package.

Hope this clarifies, don't hesitate to ask if you need to know more!
All the best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi